What is a masternode?
A masternode is an important component of the privacy-enhanced cryptocurrency Dash. Masternodes are dedicated servers on the Internet that enable instant transactions and perform the trustless anonymization of users' funds. Masternodes require 1000 Dash as collateral, a secured server, a full-time Internet connection, and periodic updates.
What is masternode.me?
This service provides trustless masternode hosting, maintenance, and monitoring for users with 1000 Dash for $35 USD per quarter. Users retain full control of their funds. Only the fee (in Dash) is sent to this service. Instances are online immediately upon first confirmation of payment. Servers are hosted using reliable cloud providers with uptime approaching 99.999%.
Why choose this site?
Masternode.me, the first fully automated masternode service, was launched December 2014. It was built by moocowmoo, a veteran backend developer, cryptography enthusiast, Dash developer, community member, and lifetime member of the Dash Foundation. Masternode.me currently services over one hundred masternodes.
Trusted masternode sharesNEW!For users with less than 1000 dash, masternode shares are also available for a 15% fee.
How trusted shares work
- Funds are secured and managed by me, moocowmoo.
- Shares are portions of well-established, stable masternodes.
- These masternodes are split into 40 shares of 25 Dash each.
- Masternodes are rewarded between every 5 and 12 days. Payments, on average, are days apart.
- Payouts occur automatically 101 blocks after the masternode is rewarded.
- After fees, each 25 Dash share receives approximately Dash worth $.
- 15% of masternode earnings are retained as hosting and maintenance fees.
For example: 4 shares totalling 100 dash earn 8.5% of masternode earnings. There are no other fees.
- Masternode rewards and deposit withdrawals are sent to one of the deposits input addresses.
Send from a local wallet, not an exchange.
- New users will receive a gpg signed welcome email with a deposit address. (sample greeting)
- Depositors will receive a gpg signed receipt as proof of deposit. (sample receipt)
- Deposits are placed in cold storage until another node can be provisioned.
- Deposits may be withdrawn after 60 days by returning the deposit receipt.
- A gpg signed payout report is sent after each payment. (sample report)
- Voting with shares is not yet supported.
- Email [email protected] for a deposit address to get started.
- (Due to increased demand, please allow one week for reply. Thank you for your patience.)
Each node only runs dashd. No other services are installed. Only port 9999 is listening. Updates are performed by updating image snapshots.
No keys or data online
Nothing online can compromise your funds or expose your information.
You retain full control of all masternode funds.
Every five minutes all nodes hosted by masternode.me are tested for valid response and each verify they see all other hosted nodes as active. Any detected issues automatically notify administration.
All VPS instances are pre-provisioned and vetted before assignment. Providers have been selected for speed and reliablity over savings. Masternode.me uses high availability instances with 99.99% uptimes.
Dashd is automatically updated within 24 hours of release. Updates requiring a masternode 'start' are deferred until initiated by the user.
All masternode payments and VPS instance information are available through the interface.
Friendly and knowledgable assistance is available for all users of masternode.me at [email protected].
Signup - Create a new hosted masternode
How it works
- Send exactly 1000 DASH (in one transaction) to a new address you control.
- Wait for 15 confirmations. (needed to start masternode)
- Send your masternode address and $35 worth of DASH for 90 days of service.
- Your server will be started and you will be given a masternode.conf entry.
- Add that entry to your wallet and send your start. (how to).
- Bookmark your unique masternode stats page. (example)
Have questions? Don't hesitate to get in touch!